My Men

My Men

Friday, January 22, 2010

Preparing for the J.W.'s

Well, it's moving day. We are off to a slow start. Marty has many things to do today. Anyway, we are preparing for some Jehovah's witnesses who are coming over today. They have been coming since the beginning of summer first it was two men and now it is a newly married husband and wife. I have known the husband for years, his family are window washers and they used to wash my parents business windows. They were here on Monday and the wife who has just arrived from Brazil did not appreciate us jumping around to different subjects and totally shut down. They like to talk to you on there terms. I just don't understand why they keep coming back. I think it is fun to talk to them. It makes us study the Bible even though their thinking is so out there. As they were sitting in our living room I was thinking, they are so dedicated (this couple goes out door to door 70 hours a month) yet they are striving for the wrong things and are going to die and go to hell. It is so sad. We are praying for a window of opportunity today. We feel God has led us to the subject we are dealing with and we are excited to see how the Lord will work today. This will be our last meeting with them and we are hoping it will be a long one that will leave them thinking. Of course we are hoping they will get saved but we aren't just dealing with the average joe these people think they are good. J.W's are very brain washed. It is scarey. Talk to you all soon and I will let you know how everything turns out.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for ya'll. What an amazing opportunity. Love ya'll,
    Ms. Elsie

    ReplyDelete