My Men

My Men

Thursday, April 8, 2010

BRRRRR!!!

Hi Everyone,
Just thought I would let you all know that It is freezing today!:( We knew that it would come! We are also having snow flurries. Yuck! Everyone will probably be sick because it is supposed to be 60 on Saturday. Thankfully we have not been sick at all this winter. We have been taking alot of vitamin D which helps keep the flu away. It has been a blessing.

We have had such a blessing this past week. Josiah got SAVED! We are so excited! We have had many a devotion time with the children about salvation and Josiah would always say he knew he wasn't saved and it was very scarey to us. Alex got saved one night in devotions back in January after Marty taught on Hell. We thought for sure Josiah would come at that time also but to no avail and we were very disappointed but happy that one of the other children had come that night. Anyway last Thursday we were fasting for Marty's stepmom who has terminal liver cancer and we decided to fast for Josiah at that time also. Then Saturday we had gotten home late from our overnight vacation and were sending the kids to bed when Marty decided to have a quick devotion eventhough we had had them earlier that day at the hotel. And boy were we glad we did. The chapter we read was IICor.12 and Marty gave an example of a boy from the boys home, Matt by name who claimed that he had rejected Christ so much he couldn't get saved. Needless to say it wasn't a quick devotion and we sent the children off to bed eventhough we could see the conviction written all over Josiah's face. Then Marty told Josiah to get him a glass of water and then I asked him to get me one too in hopes that he would come and talk to one of us. Well, he brought them and headed off to bed but something stopped him and he came over to me, I was sewing, I asked him what he needed hoping he would say what we had hoped and sure enough he asked if he could talk to me. My heart leaped for joy. I have to put in here that Marty has always gotten to deal with the girls when they got saved and I prayed for the opportunity to show some of the children the way to Christ too, so I had been praying that the Lord would give me a turn. I was able to show Alex and now Josiah. Josiah and I went out to the living room and talked a little, he knew what he needed to do and he did and boy did he!!! It was so amazing to me that God answered our prayer! When we were fasting and the hunger would get strong I just kept reminding myself that I could fast for one short day and be in prayer for my son. It sure was a small price to pay for the eternal life of my son!!! And I am so thankful I continued the whole day and obeyed the Lord! I am also thankful that Marty obeyed the Holy Spirit and had devotions eventhough we were all tired. So just remember when the flesh is telling you your to tired to have devotions and you don't you could have just missed the blessing of seeing one of your little ones get saved!!!!!! Or get right!!!!! Have a wonderful Day!:)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and that is wonderful that Josiah got saved.

    ReplyDelete