My Men

My Men

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas time


My little doll baby eating/making her first cookies


She did such a good job I can't believe it
I love Christmas time!
I love how my children are so excited to give to others at this time of year. I don't think they would care if they didn't get anything. They just love to give gifts to people. We actually had planned on waiting until January of February to give gifts this year. And not a single one of our children complained they seemed excited anyway. Our neighbors are so friendly and they have been bringing us goodies the last few days. The children are enjoying making goodies to give. We even made some bread for the garbage man. And tomorrow the mailman will get some too. I love teaching my children that giving is so important. Of course they are children and love to receive gifts we all do but I love to see the happy face they have after giving a special gift to some one. Marty and I are often looking for neat "traditions" around this time of year just to make things special and as I was in a checkout line the other day the lady in front of me said "we give our children 3 gifts to represent the wisemens gifts. One thing they need one thing they would like and one surprise thing." What a neat idea. I think we are definatly going to put that into practice. We are so thankful for what the Lord has done for us this year and we want to strive to be a blessing to others. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment